FMG 0.00% $15.88 fortescue ltd

I'm new to the FMG party and recently bought it around 18s (got...

1. 88 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    I'm new to the FMG party and recently bought it around 18s (got the divs).. Low-cost production and can survive I/O volatility.

On the green steel/iron stuff, a couple of notes from my professional experience and personal views:

While I understand that green iron bets do not seem attractive in the short term, I think they will eventually become standard requests / minimum requirements for access funding/credit and/or construction projects. Why?

Many investors are driven by ESG mandates and their money must be thrown into green initiatives (e.g. sustainable construction). I have been involved in many infrastructure construction projects, either in the delivery, transactions/procurement, and construction phases and guess what governments have been requesting for this kind of project?

Numerous sustainable initiatives and certificates, which warranties them the right to bid/deliver the project and/or have access to funding. Like EVs are being pushed now and governments are giving subsidies and stimulating EV ramp-up, I believe the same will happen for green steel eventually.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$15.88
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $48.89B
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 228 $17.47

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$15.09 14374 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.02am 11/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.