FMG 1.10% $19.76 fortescue ltd

You must be dumb to think if WW3 was in progress that any iron...

1. 4,945 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1717

You must be dumb to think if WW3 was in progress that any iron ore would be mined in the Pilbara at all or if it was that our enemies would be importing iron ore whilst at war with the USA and its allies Australia - Japan -South Korea and whoever else fought on our side.
    Fact is we would hit all the shipping lines to China to stop the flow of oil and choke off the very things -including iron ore they needed to maintain their war machine.
    What is it you don't understand. Fact is if China invaded Taiwan the USA and it's allies would be at war with China in the Indo Pacific and trade of any description with China would cease and all our iron ore mines would be closed until the war ended.
    I am not talking about small proxy wars like Ukraine or the Middle East -if WW3 eventuates your investment in FMG wouldn't be worth two knobs of the proverbial. That's why you need some gold in your back kick mate because the likelihood of WW3 is very real.
    Prior to WW2 when our iron ore industry was in its infancy from Iron Knob in Sth Aust if you were old enough you would recall we shipped some iron ore to Japan. Bob Menzies was called 'pig iron Bob" accused of shipping iron ore to Japan to be fired back to us as war clouds loomed. And it happened - and sadly in my humble opinion war with China is almost inevitable.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$19.76
Change
-0.220(1.10%)
Mkt cap ! $60.84B
Open High Low Value Volume
$19.66 $19.80 $19.20 $191.1M 9.763M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 4673 $19.73

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$19.76 31740 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.