FMG 1.10% $19.76 fortescue ltd

pear respectfully disagree 1. no serious investor invest in fmg...

1. 2,425 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    pear

respectfully disagree

1. no serious investor invest in fmg for 3-4% dividend yield, buy a bank share/term deposit or government bond
    2. dividend are a payment out of the company never to return
    3. a buy back is an investment...in its own company...it reduces stock on use increases eps and dps by default
    4.the dividend stream isn't growing at all. they are a single commodity stock at the whims of the fe price which onver a 5 year period can be anywhere and by their definition of payout of 50-60% of npat
    no one can say dividends will grow year to year, its nonsense cause thy are at the mercy of the fe price

while i won't give you my dividend, i would prefer the company used surplus funds to invest in themselves, isn't that why i bought the company to begin with? because they are good/great stewards of my capital? their return on equity is far superior than 5% so why would i want dividend when they can year in year out return 3 times more on that capital.

i am not saying to replace the dividend but they have surplus cashflow year in year out above npat - 1.2b usd with depreciation allowance and its time to put it to work

i am an investor but i am not happy with a capital gain of 0/-ve and a dividend yield of 5% i invested in tis company as i believed the management could deliver world class operation, reduce debt and spew out massive free cashflow

they did this yet i am down on my investment...something not right with that and its up to the company to release shareholder value with all or any of the tools available to them

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$19.76
Change
-0.220(1.10%)
Mkt cap ! $60.84B
Open High Low Value Volume
$19.66 $19.80 $19.20 $191.1M 9.763M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 4673 $19.73

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$19.76 31740 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.