FMG 0.44% $18.16 fortescue ltd

Iron ore price, page-7631

1. 29,775 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1453
    Rojam I am a slow typist and will try to be brief. I will give some of my reasons:
    I get co announcements at the same time as a broker. Whether the announcement is good or bad the advisor only has so much time to phone his favourite client. His fav. will not be the person who for example has a $1 mill account but will rarely trade, he would prefer a client who had half that money but would trade often. He is on a commission.
    Should a broker phone with a strong buy recommendation which you accept, it will never be his fault if he is wrong because you were the one who made the final decision.
    So much information is now available on line and readily available however brokers of course will have briefings and a lot more info if they were involved in initial float and subsequent capital raising.
    A good broker is worth the extra cost but of course it is not easy to find a broker that might suit you.
    Online trading is cheaper.
    Some advisors will only accept new clients who have a certain amount to invest. If you have only a small amount you may be allocated a more junior and less experienced adviser.
    Some will only be interested in large cap stocks and are not happy about more risky shares and would be loath to advise on them.
    Unfortunately you can find a broker that suits you and then he resigns and joins another firm. Of course there are rules and probably agreements signed. You are the client of the firm not the adviser and they will not disclose to you where that adviser has gone. The next adviser you get with that firm might not suit you for various reasons.
    Hell, this is turning into a book and probably would have been better on the general forum. Sorry FMG thread readers but this is only Rojam's 2nd post and he did ask the question.
    Others may like to also reply to Rojam. I am guessing he is a novice.
    I have expressed a few opinions here.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.16
Change
-0.080(0.44%)
Mkt cap ! $55.91B
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.43 $18.45 $18.16 $96.94M 5.308M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 7669 $18.16

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.17 2500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.