FMG 0.45% $22.10 fortescue ltd

Iron ore price, page-8863

1. 2,372 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 645
    as long as you remember its only an opinion, I entered and averaged down some months ago at 4.36 for a short trade after which Trump opened his mouth about tariffs, I like Trump , however that combined with shorting activity that is benched against a number of variables including emotion swung the shorts into overdrive to capture spreads , the Chinese markets were adversely impacted so here we are I am still holding on the premise that it will probably continue to operate profitably, Elizabeth Gaines has worked within FMG has sat on the board of Fmg and has been very successful before coming to FMG and is well versed in its culture I like FMG its is a well managed, cost focus,single commodity business that will probably diversify and use its creative cost focus model to build another arm and it certainly at this point has the cash flow to do this.

to understand what is currently happening you should really look at all you can find about algorithmic trading, High Frequency Trading and Quantitative Analysis , Macquarie Bank are well versed in all of this and I am guessing they have some role in plateauing the Share price at present their brief being to capture as many shares as possible to provide a high range percentile of ROC {return on capital} FMG have a substantial history exploiting ROC.

Once you have read all you can you might be in a better position to make a decision as long as you remember no one but no one can predict a reliable future outcome it is always conditional the unseen factors or the ill considered that create profit and loss-----so I hope that helps , as for this very moment or the weeks ahead or months ahead until China cranks up production again,{ well hopefully cranks up production} and The One Belt Road which is happening as we speak, I would look for entry at around or below if you can the average price that BB has paid all of which is available through the announcements made, of course now this is public it might well be factored into an amended algo to capture more spread , SHORTS LIVE IN EVERY MAJOR STOCK

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$22.10
Change
0.100(0.45%)
Mkt cap ! $68.04B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.99 $22.22 $21.87 $84.79M 3.834M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 9803 $22.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$22.11 10620 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.