FMG 0.45% $22.10 fortescue ltd

Vale have lost the disaster mine capacity, about 40M tonnes...

1. 24 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    Vale have lost the disaster mine capacity, about 40M tonnes p.a.  The Brasil courts  have also shut down another mine in the same county (state?) with a similar dam, capacity about 30M tonnes. Vale are appealing this court decision, should be handed down one way or the other  in a week maybe....There could be other mines in other areas of Brasil with similar dam structures. Maybe more shutdowns.  With regard to enterprise value, in October FMG was way undervalued, hence in a pure sense why the buyback was initiated. So probably half the change in enterprise value was this and the other half is market changes of AUS $ dropping, Iron ore price rising, Chinese ore preference moving towards FMG grades and reducing discount to 62% due to lower steel margins.  Then add in supply / demand impact from Vale disaster. 
    Finally, we all focus on numbers but there is a massive element of emotional and not necessarily rational stuff happening on any stock market and you ignore this at your peril! 

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$22.10
Change
0.100(0.45%)
Mkt cap ! $68.04B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.99 $22.22 $21.87 $84.79M 3.834M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 9803 $22.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$22.11 10620 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.