FMG 0.45% $22.10 fortescue ltd

the money is not 'returned' to them - it was never their money....

1. 748 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 68
    the money is not 'returned' to them - it was never their money. The company earned it, the company paid tax on it, then the company paid dividends from the left-over cash.

Anyone can still offset this imputation amount against a taxable income. No questions, no issues. But those few (in the scheme of the nation they are a minority) who specifically structured their affairs to take advantage of this law - will now have to restructure again.

The attitude that it is all so hard, when it is a recent law that people have specifically structured their finances to take advantage of (as is their right, and as they should) - is a little odd. If you want the franking credits earn an income, make more capital gains or chase non-franked dividends... (or the other million ways to make money).

Back to the stock - I do wonder what price of IO is factored into the SP. Gut feel is around $90-95 USD. If it spikes above $100 as expected late next week, I'd expect to see a recovery (if we drop) or further spike (if we hold above $6).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.