FMG 0.84% $27.01 fortescue ltd

Iron ore price, page-32684

1. 3,593 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1579
    Very happy you have disagreed. It's important to discuss these things.

I feel it will change things a little but agree the culture around people's willingness to have more kids will need to change.

The change will be slow, but over 20 years a new set of messages will be expressed and some of the Chinese younger generation that aren't part of the 1 child policy period will say, I want a bigger family.

it is going to take a while though and even if it's 1/20 people it has the propensity to slowly reverse the problem. This trend will accelerate and potentially they may return to a growing population. Though the size of the problem for them is so great it will almost require a draconian reproduction process forcing young women into giving birth to more than one kid.

Population decline is normally a function of being rich at least globally. Traditionally more developing nations have had larger families. China is the outlyier as it rules with an iron fist.

On the whole though I think that you are probably right. The new policy will he'll slow down the declining population but the cultural hurdles are probably too great and those that come afterwards are actually smaller in number so mathematically it is unlikely to have any meaningful effect.

Africa, India in particular, the Phillipines on the other hand; they will continue to grow.

As for the environmental arguments against expanding the populations - why invest into IO or mining for that matter the f you are concerned about the environmental impact of expanding populations?? I don't think I have the right to pass judgement on any fit, sane adult that wants to have kids. This right is paramount. Additionally FMG at the forefront of the solution, it's called Green steel. Steel produced by Hydrogen with zero carbon release!

This topic isn't very sexy. back to IO fundamentals.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$27.01
Change
-0.230(0.84%)
Mkt cap ! $83.16B
Open High Low Value Volume
$27.24 $27.25 $26.88 $95.85M 3.547M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 6 $27.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$27.03 26437 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$26.91
  Change
-0.230 ( 1.46 %)
Open High Low Volume
$27.25 $27.25 $26.89 522670
Last updated 15.59pm 21/05/2024 ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.