TI1 0.00% 1.4¢ tombador iron limited

Indeed they are all high risk high reward stocks.but note that...

1. 1,601 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 383
    Indeed they are all high risk high reward stocks.
    but note that they, along with all others total only 10% of our funds. If we lose say 50% or more, it won’t be nice, but it won’t change the quality of wine we drink.
    most of our funds are in very conservative Investment Grade bonds and very conservative and secure first mortgages, with one old 5yr TD maturing late this year earning 3.4%.

im just having some fun with shares. I always loved doing the research and finding very undervalued resource stocks. That’s how I got retired early (at 56).
    it’s actually a bit more than fun, as returns are lower than they have been in recent years, so if I can bring home even one of my high risk ones, it will pay for the others and then some. I’m very confident that STM in particular is well past the high risk stage, it’s only a matter of how big that monster deposit is. Plus how much their second one is too. HIO is close to a no brainer, but funding remains a risk until they get their offtakes signed. MRR is early stage and very high risk. But low mkt cap, so risk/reward is still v good.
    TI1 will probably only be a modest return from here. I went too hard too early with that one, before I fully understood the IO market. So most of those will go in the next 3-6 months. HIO being in the lowest quartile cost wise, will be profitable at the very bottom of the cycle. But if IO stays up around/above these levels, we should start to see the promised divs start to flow. I’ll keep assessing it as we go. Might hold a few more if IO looks ok. But as we’ve seen, it is certainly slaved to the IO price. It can’t make money at the bottom of the cycle.

cheers,

ned,

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TI1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.