FMG 10.2% $18.28 fortescue ltd

iron ore up $4.50 today to $116.80!, page-3

1. 2,041 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 217
    Who wants to borrow my shares to short FMG ?

China growth to slow to 7%: Fink

BlackRock chief executive Larry Fink is tipping a greater slowdown in China than most expect, though he strikes an optimistic note about the Australian economy, according to The Australian Financial Review.

Mr Fink, who runs the world’s largest asset manager, said reforms in China were going to be tough to carry out, but he is adamant the short-term pain will be for the best.

“We believe the Chinese government will get it right. But we also believe that maybe China will slow even more than people think because the policies they are trying to assert are difficult, and they are going to take time to implement,” he told the AFR.

“We wouldn’t be surprised to see the economy slow from 7.7 per cent to 7 per cent. The world will look at that as a negative. I don’t look at that as a ­negative.”

Mr Fink added that he wasn't worried about the Australian economy given “vast savings” would act as a buffer from economic stress, though there may be a need for “a little more fiscal stimulus.”
    https://www.businessspectator.com.au/news/2014/4/1/china/china-growth-slow-7-fink

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.28
Change
-2.070(10.2%)
Mkt cap ! $56.28B
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.59 $18.68 $18.26 $482.3M 26.08M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 8480 $18.28

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.30 300 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.