yeah all these new techs are not perfected even in the labs yet,...

1. 6,777 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 260
    yeah all these new techs are not perfected even in the labs yet, manufactures like at least 5 year cycles to make money back on investments etc, unless factories can easily be transition to new tech? even then most big manufactures will have minium 5 year off takes with cobalt and lithium producers, but defiantly some thing to watch!
    I plan on holding my lithium/cobalt stock for 2 years before re-assesing.

But yeah as Sig said BETA/VHS not the best example.
    BETA was much much better, no two ways about it and was used by all professionals as VHS was about half the resolution etc. The reason VHS took over was because Sony got greedy and would not let other manufactures build BETA play back devices trying to monopolise the market, JVC on the other hand let anyone and everyone use there tech the end result making VHS players much cheaper for consumers and we know what consumers want!
    Sony learnt their lesson and did not repeat the same mistake with Blue ray which did have a short battle with HDDVD tech but won due to being superior and available to all manufactures as well as selling the Playstaion 3 at a loss for yonks with the in built blue ray player to help saturate the market.

PS i still got an 80's Sony BETAMAX player in the cupboard somewhere, still works haha
    Last edited by Bennybop: 05/01/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.