IOH 0.00% 70.0¢ iron ore holdings limited

I've always been a little bit sceptical of the Buckland Project...

1. 7,115 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 845
    I've always been a little bit sceptical of the Buckland Project in terms of costs - I just couldn't understand how the cost p/t of this relatively small scale project could work.

Upon further research I've found a good business case for it. Most notably comparing it with some AGO trucking operations over similar (or greater) distances plus some advice I've had that the trucking run from Buckland to the proposed barge port is mostly downhill - saving plenty on diesel & making the economics even better.

Anyway... Assuming the project is a winner and can attract a strong partner, it will very quickly attract interest from anyone within (say) 200Km wanting to get DSO on a boat.

If IOH can move up to 8mtpa using one barge, why not run a second barge and offer it as a transport option to others? Remember the barge sails out 10 nautical miles to meet a cape vessel. Easily enough time to be refilling another barge whilst it's in transit... I assume you could potentially have numerous barges operating simultaneously.

What I'm suggesting is that IOH are (apparently) so advanced and so well organised in their planning, that they will soon have a few neighbours asking for access to our barge port. IOH might in fact be developing a potential multi-user facility and charging others a tariff for access. Very low start-up cost for others - just buy a barge + a few trucks and you're away, just make sure you allow for (say) $5 p/t as a tariff for the use of our barge port.

Anyway... Just thinking out loud here, and if I'm even remotely correct in the potential of the Buckland Project then it has to be worth at least double the Iron Valley deal as a minimum and more likely 4-5 times the value.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IOH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.