DCN 0.00% 28.5¢ dacian gold limited

I'm a realist not a dreamer or believer like some people on HC...

1. 238 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    I'm a realist not a dreamer or believer like some people on HC so let's look at the reality of the situation which is proven with facts that we know:

1. The Company is struggling (and proven over multiple quarters) to make a profit even on open pit mining, look at those grades and the recovery rate circa 1g/t
    2. Every new drill result that soaks up a lot of cash is deep and narrow, not nice and easy to dig up (look out for the exploration expense this qtr).
    3. Hedging albeit almost finished which will be one less hand brake but still will have to contend with the below average sale price for time being.
    4. Loan is still there and will have to be reckoned with but with LJ it'll be safe to say it'll be refinanced to kick the can down the road and help him save face for avoiding another CR.
    5. NMT's deposit still needs cash to prove up and develop, let alone transportation/labour costs to the mill.
    6. Labour Costs, now this is a massive one for 2 points, 1 labour and skills shortage world wide in western countries due to falling birth rates have only been exasperated now due to travel restrictions, look at WA's mining industry for example, watch how the labour input costs are only going to go up for mining these oz's out of the ground and that's if you're lucky to have all the staff that you need, 2nd point COVID, how long before some of the in short supply critical staff members who drive trucks, work the processing plant, handle the logistical and day to day operations from electrical to hospitality to maintenance fall ill from covid for a week or two, watch how this will impact the overall AISC next quarter when Covid spreads in WA.
    7. Price movement the week before the quarterly provides an accurate glimpse of what it will resemble, I have seen it with this stock many a time and dare say it is a "leaky ship" at the best of times, I bet it will be lack lustre and that the shorters will have a party to drop below 16c once the bad news is out.
    8. Gold price moving up but SP in the doldrums which reinforces ditto.
    9. Would be safe to say that this quarter will be burning through more resource while draining more of our coffers.

On a positive note there will be a good opportunity to trade this stock when the shorters smash the SP within 2 weeks after the quarterly is released as it will bounce back when their positions are liquidated, hoping to coincide with the bear market relief rally.

I really think Goldies might not have their time in the sun anymore as a higher gold price will be eroded away with rising input costs and lower grade exploration results broadly speaking, I'd recommend silver.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DCN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.