MSB 0.91% $1.11 mesoblast limited

May I also welcome you back and look forward to more...

1. 371 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 792
    May I also welcome you back and look forward to more contributions. I can from your highlight in red relevant parts, see why you use the analogy of Revascor as a drug or vaccine.
    Whether it is REM-L or Revascor, from the webcast, Silvu referred I believe to the Sweet Spot.
    I am only a “mug punter” at the moment (based on my current loses), but it was this that gave me considerable reassurance that I will move to “shrewd investor”.
    The one thing I will never be is a scientist so I welcome any corrections from the forum but in my head I took it as we deal with the problem of inflammation that prevents otherwise relatively healthy tissue recovering or deteriorating further. One deals with inflammation from an illness, Ards, the other a disease in this case that affects the heart.
    What it can’t be is a “Lazurus” option once matters get past a certain stage. When the Covid trial reduced it to the “Hail Mary” part of the treatment stage it was finished. Same for Heart.
    I understand that the sweet spot is severe inflammation so it rules out it’s use as a preventative therapy if used too early or as a vaccine, but now they know how it works, it’s place in the line up of “which and when” can be established, approval given (and for srgvhd) and lives saved and we can all be “shrewd investors” .

A few months ago we got knocked back because the FDA did not accept “it works but we are not sure how”. It seems we have a better understanding of that now and the valuable data from the Covid trial when unblinded and analysed will add to that bank of knowledge and I expect more importantly, evidence.

So the share price collapsed because given the way it was being used as the trial progressed it seems that some lost faith as the trial proved that Silvu and his team are not part of a deity and these are not miracle cures. Well shock horror Blasters! They are scientists following the evidence.

Short term share price collapses driven by sentiment are irrelevant unless you want to raise capital or sell. We don’t. The Novartis deal will be determined by that evidence, as will the long-term prospect for our investment, as will FDA approval.

Now if in the trial for LBP, it was designed to be given in the “sweet spot” of that condition. If by dealing with that inflammation it reduces pain and allows whatever healing the body can do or other treatments to work, then that trial will work. If it has been asked to do something else then unless they find that it does something else, It won’t.

As they apply this “does dealing with inflammation help other conditions (ie Colitis)”, then the use it in treatments will expand.

So in summary, the evidence is showing that Mesoblast can produce therapies that will build a multi billion dollar company. That evidence is a lot stronger now than when I first started investing in April. Then it was only the evidence from successful outcomes in srgvhd treatment in Japan. Now look how far we have come in just 8 months.

So again Welcome back, you have timed that return to join us in the “sweet spot”.
    regards
    Yelrom.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.