KZA 0.00% 8.0¢ kazia therapeutics limited

It obviously comes down to- can paxalisib replicate the results...

1. 114 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 125
    It obviously comes down to
    - can paxalisib replicate the results from the Phase II study
    - the mOS of the control group.

The mOS in the control arm of the study you kindly posted is relatively low for TMZ in this population.
    If I recall correctly, studies with TMZ showed mOS values of up to 14.5 months.

The beauty of statistics is that the larger the study group, the smaller the observed effect needs to be to be statistically significant.
    ”Your“ study only included 33 subjects so the difference needs to be fairly large to remain statistically significant at the 5%-level.
    For GBM AGILE it will be 150 patients on paxalisib and, I assume, a similarly sized number for the control group.

Just because a difference is statistically significant does not mean that it is clinically meaningful.
    We know from the market research Kazia conducted with US physicians that an mOS gain of as little as 0.8 months would result in a 80% adoption of paxalisib.

All in all, the observed difference in GBM AGILE does not have to be huge to be meaningful and FDA-approvable.

Metatrader - the PRV is only granted upon approval in a paediatric indication, such as DIPG. And it needs to be the first approval of the drug.
    Approval of paxalisib in GBM as first indication would not result in a PRV.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KZA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.