is 20 percent a year possible, page-41

1. 5,231 Posts.
    Buffett?
    I never mentioned fund managers.
    aLthough Ive had experience with them which is exactly the reason why I went into this myself.

The main reason I mention stop losses is just to really take it slow at the start. I had big ideas and bought a few speccies that I thought would make me rich. Some of them probably would in the future but I actually needed spending money along the way so I kept having to reduce. I sat back and watched them nosedive. Just not enough experience of the market.

I'm not really using stop losses once the price gets away from my purchase price but in the early days I scare easy.

While all that was going on I read books about and by Warren Buffett, Charlie Munger, Lousie Bedford, Nick Radge among others.
    I'm not the best with figuring out fundamentals so I do lean towards charting and have read most books about charting rather than fundamentals.

I went over most companies in the ASX and at least read the company info on comsec about them. My main problem is I didn't know anything about mining which was a huge disadvantage. This helped with the charting and the companies to look out for when they started to break up again.

I've recovered about 20% in a month or so of what it took me a year to lose, when I finally came to a realisation that my plan to sit back wasn't working and enough info had sunk in to actually go on the offensive. Hopefully I can break even within a year.

This is just my experience, I don't have a job and so have to keep pulling some money out now and again. I did keep 1 speccie but probably would've been better off selling it.

good luck to you also bowerboy.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.