CYP 3.70% 28.0¢ cynata therapeutics limited

Is 21.5 cents the lowest under SPP?

1. 1,982 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1169

The following is from page 2 of theSPP booklet (my yellowing)-

“ The SPP is beingundertaken at the SPP Offer Price, which is the lower of:

* the offer priceunder the Placement, being $0.215; and

* the pricerepresenting a 2.5% discount to the volume weighted average price ofShares during the five tradingdays up to and including the Closing Date of the SPP, rounded to thenearest half cent,

providedthat the SPP Offer Price can be no lower than the lowest pricepermitted under ASX Listing Rule 7.2, Exception 5.

The yellowed text isnew – it didn’t appear in announcements prior to the booklet.

SoI checked (listing rule 7.2 and exception 5) to find out what effect it would have. There had to be some reason for including the yellow proviso.

Conclusion: On my analysis,which I offer for consideration and/or correction (correction if it is in error),below, the effect of the yellowed text is that the lower willnecessarily be $0.215, as on my analysis, the lowest price permittedunder ASX Listing Rule 7.2 Exemption 5 is $0.213.

And $0.213 roundedto the nearest half cent gives $0.215 anyway.

Here's the reasoning - for agreement or correction.

For the VolumeWaited Average Price for the five days prior to the day on which theissue was announced–( I used the figures provided on page 32 of theCapital Raising Presentation (“Details of the offer”). The dayon which the issue was announced I take as 6th April 2023.

Listing Rule 7.2 andExemption 5 – are from a pdf I downloaded from the ASX website. “Chapter 7.pdf – ASX Listing Rules – Chapter 7 – Changes incapital and new issues”.

https://www2.asx.com.au/content/dam/asx/rules-guidance-notes-waivers/asx-listing-rules/rules/Chapter07.pdf

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CYP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
28.0¢
Change
0.010(3.70%)
Mkt cap ! $50.29M
Open High Low Value Volume
26.0¢ 28.0¢ 26.0¢ $94.42K 352.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 80839 26.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
28.0¢ 12092 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.40pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CYP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.