morning all,"The $130mill wasn't stolen, but actually given away...

1. 86,855 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    morning all,

"The $130mill wasn't stolen, but actually given away by well meaning investors that thought that dealing with a website, rather than looking people in the eye and checking things ou."

I am not fully up on this story - but I assume it is the story where previous experienced investors were cold called by some organisation and led to some dodgy investment.

Assuming I am correct ----------- I am sorry, I don't have a lot of sympathy.

I believe this ----------- any really good investment ------- you find ----------- it does NOT find you.

If something is so good -------- it doesn't need to be advertised.

If I get a cold call from ANYONE (yes, I am on the no ring list) ----------- I have 2 actions -------- first, I ditch them off my bloody phone as quick as I can - I consider it a complete invasion.
    Second --------- there is no way Hose that I would invest ANY money in ANY scheme that used cold calling ----- nor would I buy any product that used cold calling.

Honestly - you have to be kidding.

Is it not clearly obvious that you have been targeted?

Is it not clearly obvious that if you have substantial assets (or not) and have been targeted that you are ripe for a picking?

Is it not clearly obvious that scammers and conmen are able to construct the most reassuring schemes that look and feel as honest as the day is long - but are as crooked as a broken finger?

There is no reason whatever imo to go away from rock solid traditional investments using companies that have a long history ---------- and of course even they come with risks.

to take on some new fan-dangled idea or organisation is running a much larger risk than normal - and you would not put many of your eggs in the basket until proven - if you did put in at all.

And you most certainly would NOT put in if the offer looked very juicy ----------- the more juicy, the more suspicion.

Let's face facts --------- if a quality product is out there - in this day and age of instant communication -------- you sure don't need to advertise - and you most certainly don't need cold callers.

have a great day all

Pinto

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.