88E 0.00% 0.3¢ 88 energy limited

There are two general areas to consider in NPR-A. 1....

1. 102 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 166
    There are two general areas to consider in NPR-A.
    1. Subsurface.
    2. Above ground.

The subsurface is a world-class oil system - ripe for the plucking.

Above ground, not so much. Judge Gleason's 110 page decision to pull the production permits from the Willow Project left my jaw slack. Yes, the decision will be appealed. On legal grounds, Gleason's decision will probably be reversed by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. But all of that takes time.

In the mean time, I wonder whether 88E's Board will opt to drill for oil that arguably cannot be produced today given the Willow decision. In other words, will this winter's drilling program be delayed for a year? I don't know the anser to that question. But due to the uncertainty, I sold all my shares on the news of Judge Gleason's decision. I may be wrong... but I may be right. Time will tell.

I'm not "ramping" (or whatever it is called in Australia). Just disclosing what I have done. And, my position was not trivial for an individual. It would have been nice to sell about two weeks earlier but I made a tidy profit and shall await another buying opportunity after the dust settles from the Gleason decision.

I understand others may have solid arguments for holding pat - the wait-and-see approach. And, as stated above, I may be a buyer in the future. The prospects below the ground are fantastic at Project Peregrine and Umiat. But the political barriers once oil is discovered are brutal, if not deadly. CP has already dropped 0.5B USD into the Willow project. And, now they're being told their permits are no longer valid. A horrific blow to the Alaska oil patch.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 88E (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $86.67M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ $5.31K 1.760M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
599 613454913 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 525592201 136
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.3¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.3¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ 13377000
Last updated 14.55pm 16/05/2024 ?
88E (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.