RMS 3.98% $1.96 ramelius resources limited

A way to re-phrase LadyTrader's question might be: "At what...

1. 1,223 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 346
    A way to re-phrase LadyTrader's question might be: "At what share price WOULD you be in favor of Ramelius starting to buy back shares?". Clearly, for sake of argument, most would be in favor at some very low price, say 10 cents. So the question is, 'at what higher more likely price would you favor a buyback?'.

The reason the question is relevant, today while it might not have been in the past, is the increasing % of the market owned by passive investing funds. These funds robotically-sell, when they get redemptions, regardless of price and regardless of the company's business conditions.

I believe this 'robotic selling' may be part of what we are seeing right now. Funds get redemption orders when investors move out of passive gold funds, and those funds dump shares. At the current Aussie spot price $2559, Ramelius's cash flow generation is still extremely strong. I've seen posters in the charting tread suggest RMS may fall to 1.30-1.40, as large holders who have been in since under $1 are tempted to preserve profits they've watched dwindle. At 1.35 share price, and 2550 spot gold, RMS's cash flow can buy itself in just a bit over 3 years. I'd be strongly in favor of a vigorous share buyback program.
    Last edited by PulpCutter: 23/11/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.96
Change
0.075(3.98%)
Mkt cap ! $2.240B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.98 $1.98 $1.92 $38.99M 19.92M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 76412 $1.96

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.97 265057 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RMS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.