SAI 0.00% $4.74 sai global limited

SAI Global has brand awareness and sells data and services that...

1. 231 Posts.
    SAI Global has brand awareness and sells data and services that there will be a continuous growing  demand for . Hence it is a take over target as displayed in 2014.

I believe it is risky buying at these levels. My reasoning is:

• over the last 2 years organic revenue growth has been flat growth has come from currency tailwind
    • Similar EBITDA has been flat apart from efficiency gains and currency tailwind
    • Property transactions have peaked over the last 2 years and will start to decline
    • Growth initiatives have gained no traction
    • latest guidance using currency as a factor is part downgrade exhibits poor leadership. Why not also provide guidance on a constant currency basis so investors can see where the business is heading. Not providing this is an indication that organic growth will disappoint once again.
    • Standards Australia contract renewal is a concern. Currently the relationship is not on the best of terms with disagreement on royalty claims. The current level of 10% royalty payment is low and will definitely be increased. SAI have an option for a further 5 years. I don't see the relationship terminating as it is also in Standards Australia best interests to have the contract awarded to a party who can distubute the product... there are not many options.. I therefore believe a happy medium will be achieved but significantly higher than 10%... more like 30-40%. This will impact EBITDA as 30% comes from this segment. This comes into play in 2019. Also this uncertainty was mentioned as the reason PEP/KKR did not make a final offer.
    So with flat growth for 3 years (inclusive of guidance), property transactions to decline, impact of contract renewal and management that is questionable  there is a large risk that the SP could fall allot lower. I see earnings declining on a constant currency basis.

I believe the SP is being held up buy the rumors circulating of potential takeover. If  it is not confirmed in the 6 months in conjunction with flat earnings the share price could have a large decline.

For me it is too risky at this level as it is a bet on a takeover deal not promising growth.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SAI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.