NBS 0.00% 9.9¢ nationwide building society.

is a new low commimg up?, page-6

1. 24 Posts.
    Like any of these type of systems you have some kind of method to store some binary data,
    barcode,
    2d barcode,
    rfid
    it's all binary, only with the 2d barcode you can print a larger amount of data than the others. no doubt only certain permutations of this barcode are valid, they may use a checksum or similar stored in the header of the actual 2d barcode binary information. blah blah blah, everyone can do that.

This information would be transmitted back to a central database, where i assume the database would send out information, possibly a picture of the actual license for cross checking. Makes sense.

I see the following benefits to this story;
    the "barcode reader" device can be any old smart phone, hence lower initial capital cost, less operational cost to maintain further equipment.
    The app they install on these phones encrypts the signal to be transmitted over the public network.
    So there are two layers of security, the barcode has to be checked with the central "secure" database, and the signal is encrypted over the public network, who knows how the encryption is performed, but the have some kind of certification be some industry body, homeland something from memory.

As stated previously I write specifications, run and evaluate tenders for government/large corporates, and manage the rollouts. If i had to write a spec for this type of system their story makes good sense from an evaluation point of view.

Implementation is another matter, if there are any problems with this stock, i expect they may be having some hickups during rollout/testing etc. It is very rare for projects of this capex to fail, but they do often get delayed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NBS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.