TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

Is a short squeeze coming on TGR

1. 177 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    Hi all, firstly I hold TGR. In the recent phone conference call with CEO of TGR, I asked the question as to why TGR was so highly shorted ie approx 13%. His response was that he didnt know and could only speculate that perhaps the market had the view that the China Trade tension effect was subsequently going to impact significantly. He reitterated that the volume of HOG sold to china was a small proportion of total sales, and that at this time, China remains as a customer of TGR. Importantly, exchange rate effects (AUD rising against USD), increased airfrieght costs, and an increase in available HOG from other suppliers have all impacted negatively on earnings, despite controllable operational outcomes being generally favourable. Hence, earnings have been negatively impacted, and div trimmed accordingly, and Div remains at around the 50% mark of earnings. Capex has been trimmed going forward. Live stock remains in hand and continues to grow in size. Most of HOG sales is sold domestically, and the cost of production has been reduced.

Given the recent dip, and now the steady increase in TGR share price, I wonder if we are going to see a short squeeze?? Or is this simply the market seeking to buy for imminent Div?? What are your thoughts?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.