AGY 16.7% 9.5¢ argosy minerals limited

Is AGY a possible take-over target?, page-4

1. 6,892 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2861
    I wanted to create a series of posts to support this thread.

I'll be listing 1 company every post that COULD be a AGY merger or take-over partner (going each way)
    These will just be my thoughts and IMO on that company!

As the AGY share price goes higher it becomes a valuable currency to deal with in it's own right and I'll be looking at companies bigger and smaller that AGY. I'll also be looking at non-lithium plays or battery ingredients like cobalt.

The best merger's or take-over offer a 1+1=3 appeal. AGY's projects, management, share price, strong balance sheet. However, AGY's X factor appeal and real value is PA. He technically isn't a AGY employee but, I've been lead to understand he's a fan of AGY and Jerko. I believe if the right deal came along. Jerko could talk PA into many deals.

Consolidation MUST happen in this sector...for many reasons. First is China is basically telling it's EV/battery/solar/wind companies it's will only support 10-20 companies. So if you are selling Lithium or other EV metals you need size to offer scale and not get pushed around on price. In Australia a ORE/GXY merger makes sense as does a PLS/GXY. Size and controlling large projects help with raising capital.

Consolidation is healthy for the industry and Australia. It's also profitable for investors. Once the industry has the consolidation sign on ...it's a guess as to WHO's NEXT...that normally means most companies great a take-over premium. Once there are bought out...they get the 30-100% pop too. If 2 companies merge and you still have shares...you'll find the company becomes more profitable and the SP goes higher. Who doesn't like that?

I first like to list some companies I DON'T think would match up with AGY.

-GXY.
    Galaxy has 2 large project to fund and get underway over the next 2-4 years. I can't see them spending management time on a smaller lithium play.

-PLS.
    I personal believe management and shareholders are totally focused on hard rock and the large amount of work it will take get it's Pilbara mine up and operating. Plus it's SP is very low.

-ORE
    Orocobre just sold off all their exploration assets and they have a massive job in just getting their current production up to 36,000 tons. They are focused on their own thing for a few years.

-Any of the big 3 (ALB, FMC and SQM). They are only going to be interested in mega projects like a GXY tie up.

My list of companies will be random.
    So here we go, who could AGY merge or be taken over by (or vice versa) ....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.5¢
Change
0.014(16.7%)
Mkt cap ! $126.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.4¢ 9.6¢ 8.3¢ $651.4K 7.463M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 47580 9.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.5¢ 35541 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.01pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.