WOW 0.59% $33.43 woolworths group limited

Ahhh what the heck. here is my 2cents worth.Up here there is a...

1. 239 Posts.
    Ahhh what the heck. here is my 2cents worth.

Up here there is a choice of coles or woolies.

For years and years coles was a dump. crap fresh fruit and vegies. meat you wouldnt feed to your dog. Walk into the fresh food area and that sour smell coming off the spuds was pretty normal for coles. wander over to the tomatoes and a cloud of fruit flies would lift off, this was pretty normal for coles. take off the clingwrap from a packet of chicken wings and 'phew' and also slimy....yuck. Only ever shopped there if there was nothing else open.

But over the last 12 months woolies has really slid down. Express check out hahahaha 30 people in line with only two operators on. Everyone calling in on the way home and for some reason they decide that is the time to re-stock the shelves. JIT (just in time) supply chain does not work when you are 3000km from the warehouse and after 3 years they still have not figured that out. Can still go there and there will be no vinigar of any brand, or salad dressing of any brand etc. The last six months no red onions for over two weeks, no avacado for the same, their fresh fruit and vegi section looks like a shop in russia - lots of empty boxes.

But have noticed coles now have the missing items woolies always seem to never have so that disspells the farm shortage myth they put out. better quality fresh fruit section (no fruit flies). their meats are better, but still not up to the quality of woolies.

And since I am on my soap box - Woolies Katherine, what a joke. Decided to cook a roast on Sunday arvo. Went down to woolies (there is no one else) no pork, ok will have beef, across to the vegi section, no spuds, no sweet patatoes, no greens, no onions. Asked WTF was going on "someone forgot to order". Also a great place if you want to buy thawed and then re-frozen frozen goods.

Aldi would be nice, though would probably never use as I only like to shop at the one store and not run around chasing the bargins.

I now feel better that I have got that off my chest. Time for my medication.

Have a good weekend all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$33.43
Change
-0.200(0.59%)
Mkt cap ! $40.83B
Open High Low Value Volume
$33.69 $33.77 $33.24 $54.38M 1.625M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 501 $33.41

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$33.43 30880 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WOW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.