is an apology enough

1. 880 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 55

I thought I would run this by hotcopper group think

I have a mastercard account with one of the big 4

The Card expired 6/13, so not having seen a new card
    rang up the card services dept on 30/6 to see what was going on with the replacement card. Told that I should have had
    replacement card by now as it would have been sent a week or two ago, but now that I have told them it is missing I will be held accountable if it is wrongly used, yep fine, so she suspended the card.
    I Spend 4 or so hours looking around the house in case the card did get brought in and my 5yo misplaced it.

I run everything through this card, tolls, utilities insurances, fuel the works 50k per year.

So still no card, so toll starts beeping, now using cash for fuel and the like.

So late arvo 3 july ring card services again explain situation and cancel card. So 7 days for new card and a new m/c number.

Arrive home tonight and surprise, the missing card turns up in the mail, but the letter is dated 1 july. So ring card services back, sorry that card is cancelled, and we cant uncancel it, you will have to wait another 7 days for your new card. So then I will have to change all my details with the direct debits accounts and the like.

I was not happy and told them so, so was put through to the PR dept who said there had been an error and apologised, apparently there was a memo circulated on 3 july telling the card call centre of problems with a batch of cards that were sent out late, but the person I spoke to must not have read the memo, but to me that is not good enough.

The bank must of know the cards were late on 1 july when the letter (and my card) was mailed, they could have contacted me or even noted it on my file so that if I rang looking for my card they could have told me it was going to be late, or even express posted the new card, if the bank had a system, the system failed, simple!

So should I just accept a PR fob off apology?

Take the matter to my local branch manager if it has one.

or just get over it and harden up

cheers grant

I wont say the bank just yet, I might give them another chance to keep my business.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.