Is Antony Albanese Doing a Good Job, page-30

1. 83,103 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    hmmmm - on climate. Personally I think that there's a strong chance now that it's 'no matter what we do' --------- it's unstoppable

I'm not 100% on it ----------- but, it's sure shaping up that way.

I think that all political parties in Oz have a problem with climate ----------------

if we magically stopped exporting and using all coal (and didn't get invaded) -----------

would it make any difference at all if we've gone over the edge already?

You would be aware of what I've been arguing - in a nutshell, I think that the climate debate has been a total waste of time - and that all any of us should have been doing is to engineer for running a better planet -

now of course - coal would come into that ----------- but, let's face facts here -------- the world really has not been convinced that man is doing damage and the world isn't really convinced that climate change is a huge risk of doing great harm to the planet or ourselves

IF we truly thought that ---------- we would have already acted far more than we've sat about jawboning and groaning.

So - we are where we are ----------- and I say that IF it's clear in the next couple of years that - we're over the edge and it's rapid and unstoppable -

then, I think that the discussions will change ---------------- to global panic. Real panic. Survival stuff.

Personally as far as the coal goes ------ well I guess it's disappointing to see a government not matching what it said -

but, who better in the job? -------------- Duttons fools? The Greens?

If we are over the edge --------- coal is going to be the least concern IMO
    Last edited by pintohoo: 10/11/23

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.