APG 0.00% 0.2¢ austpac resources nl

"My thoughts are that if such wondrous things things were about...

1. 1,347 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 65
    "My thoughts are that if such wondrous things things were about to happen the stock would not be available at such a bedrock price, surely someone would be buying huge amounts of shares but such is not the case."

Karlene, given a normal situation and a normal stock I would have to agree however I think as many would agree APG is anything but normal!

Poor performance, failure to deliver and a number of false starts has left many with a jaded view of the company. With the last false start with a deal "immanent" many picked up vast quantities of shares on market and via the last placement. Many also mopped up the remaining 25m BHP had left.

Most have seen the pattern and are waiting for the news to be delivered. No doubt like any stock the sp will firm up and volumes will increase in the days before the announcement. I think the stock will see plenty of post news activity if the deal is as good as some purport.

Discussions with APG lead me to think there is more than one party to this deal and if I am right then my guess is that is where the delay is.

Reports from APG refer to a license agreement, the building of a plant etc. For that it takes a company with technology (APG), a company/entity with a deposit (?) , some other party wether it be another company/JV investor/s, financial institution or fund manager to fund the $50m to $100M in cash depending upon the size of the plant & mine. Below is extract from Sept Q report

"During the first half of 2016, Austpac was approached by a company with a significant heavy mineral resource in Asia regarding a licence to use the Company’s ERMS SR synrutile process. The company plans to develop a mine and a mineral separation plant to produce ilmenite, rutile and zircon, and is seeking technology to add value to the ilmenite. A draft licence and investment agreement has been negotiated under which the company can build a plant to beneficiate the ilmenite and produce high grade synrutile, which the company proposes to sell for use as feedstock for the production of titanium sponge, an intermediate process in the manufacture of titanium metal. The company plans to undertake a scoping study followed by a bankable feasibility study, and it will establish an entity to manage the construction and operation of an ERMS SR Plant.
    Minor modifications were made to the agreement during the quarter and the company expects to obtain final approvals in order to sign the agreement".

Above states "A draft licence and investment agreement " and "and it will establish an entity to manage the construction and operation of an ERMS SR Plant."

To me "establish an entity means " (they will form a new company ), "A draft licence and investment agreement " means TO ME APG will licence the technology to the new entity, APG will get license fees and the word investment means APG will probably get equity or similar in the new company.

Sounds pretty good to me....if I am right!

The big question is where is entry for this stock. Now, before any movement pre announcement which will give a multiple bagger return when the sp runs but has the risk of being caught in another false start or do you buy post announcement after the sp has already gone up 200%.

Cheers to all!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.