That's where we started on 20/1/20 after being in cash prior . I...

1. 2,236 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 58
    That's where we started on 20/1/20 after being in cash prior . I understand that long term cautious investors have done well and over the last year or so while our portfolio was in cash .We were persuaded by our newly acquired investment advisor to get back in in late January with pretty much the same mix as what you have said your portfolio currently is . I hope you caught the last couple of years with monetary gains to your portfolio.Highly volatile atm and realise that having 45% in cash would have been a losing strategy 30 to 40 days ago but can now be seen as an ability to time the market at lower prices if there are signs of a sustainable recovery . I can see you are in a conservative portfolio and certainly wish you all the best in the near future. If we had stayed in cash as at 19/1/20 we would not have declined $14thou in a week .Having 55% Diversified Bonds Index and 45% cash has arrested losses atm and had a 2 day gain of $1750, so, long may it continue .We told our advisor initially we insist on a portable portfolio to which we will have no hesitation on insisting he follows our instructions in a timely manner at our discretion,
    not his .Cheers to all replies . Thank you and good luck to all .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.