Thanks for your replies to my question about Aus Gov Bonds. My...

1. 2,236 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 58
    Thanks for your replies to my question about Aus Gov Bonds. My investment advisor is doing a risk management scenario for me and next appointment is 6th Jan.
    Approx $380 k in cash with Suncorp in my still working wife's super account. She is of preservation age .
    I qualify for the age pension May 2020 and my super /preservation age access/ has retired debt on our house.
    For health reasons I would like her to resign her $72k pa job but we cannot live on Super without the full pension. Our cost of living is $700 per week and if my wife continues to work , I will only get the Health Care card.
    I have health issues so the chances of me getting a job are very slim.The consultation with The investment advisor was to navigate our personal finances which, from my own research has proven complicated and inconclusive as to which direction we should take.
    My wife has always loved her job and is a critical part of the chain in her office.She is no longer enjoying her circumstances at work due to a toxic leadership environment/5 people have resigned in the last 3 months for this reason/ I am extremely worried about her health.
    So thank you for your replies to my original question and I have taken onboard what you have all said .I appreciate the feedback from you all

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.