Those that do not watch TV (so they say) must have a very narrow...

1. 13,444 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Those that do not watch TV (so they say) must have a very narrow view/understanding of the REAL world...I put forward the theory that largely they are not comfortable emotionally with dealing with any confrontation to their hard held belief system and TV due to it's nature may confront in ways they perceive as emotionally uncomfortable..

For instance a couple nights ago I leaned of actual individuals thoughts and saw their manor and their existing psychological justifications over being locked up lifer's in prison.....I have also learned this past week how to separate my DNA using nothing but simple technique and ingredients, I learned how gill slits migrated to become our inner ear bones and contributed to the awesome ability of human hearing...what a fluke!..also wider about proton gradients and the implications in life from this, also interesting was viewing the life and wider culture of Peruvian train drivers....also there so, so ,so much more....the only other way to actually learn as widely as TV allows is to travel and do it yourself....but hey who has 1000 lifetimes and billions of dollars available to accomplish the amazing diversification in learning, comprehension and simple human understanding TV can produce.

Today there is a whole world out there and the ONLY way to view it is on a TV (because someone else already chose the topic and content)...for those that have a curiosity and stable nature anyway......to rely on only what news papers/magazines choose to print only self serving dissemination of news and current understandings...TV affords shows to be broadcast that fits WAY outside of what would have been disseminated to us all.... if only because someone else on the globe (under a different government, society, history, culture, personal belief system etc etc)chose to make the program.

Only provincial people doing provincial things wouldn't pick and choose insight expanding TV programing as part of their constant intellectual and emotional growth through their life.

Anyone who may be unhappy inside their personal prison excluded from wider worldly understanding let me know I can list you good number of upcoming TV shows that might broaden a human horizon or two....and no need to watch adds either!! technology has that well in hand...so no excuse there for the majority anymore.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.