OPT 1.47% 34.5¢ opthea limited

It's definitely worth of holding, IMO. I've just read very...

1. 757 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 102
    It's definitely worth of holding, IMO. I've just read very recent Alan Kohler's interview with CEO. The full interview is under the link below but I'm not sure if everyone can have an access.
    disallowed link/investment-news/opthea-eyeing-phase-3-drug-trial/148337

I just quoted the ending of the interview below:

You do want to be independent?

No, I'm saying that we want to have all of the options on the table. I think as a company, we want to make sure that we have the capacity and the capabilities of moving it forward independently, but as a company to remain open to doing this in partnership with larger pharmaceutical companies for which we could leverage their footprint around the world, their expertise, their sales force, their capabilities globally. There's certainly advantages to that, but no company wants to be in a position where they have to do, or kind of orchestrate some kind of partnership. You want to be in a strong position to take a forward yourself as well. We're all about maintaining optionality for the company and ensuring that the OPT-302 molecule moves forward as fast and as effectively as possible.

Fair enough. Finally, what milestones should investors be looking for in the months ahead?

Yeah, I think what the market's really looking for is the finalisation of our Phase 3 clinical plan. A lot of that discussion will come out of the outcomes from our regulatory meetings, with the FDA and the EMA. As an investor, as shareholders, I'd be looking for us to report how we're moving forward with Phase 3 and what those plans look like for the next two and a half or so years. That would be an outcome and an announcement that would occur over the near term in the next month or so.

We'd also be looking at finalisation of the diabetic macular oedema trial. There's still the week 24 end point in that study which might give us some insights in terms of durability of our product. We anticipate updating the market on that diabetic macular oedema study as well, and really to watch this space as we really embark upon the next and final phase of clinical development for the company, which is the final phase before you can get into launch and approval.

Well, good luck with that, Megan. Thanks very much.

Thanks very much, Alan. Good to speak.

That was Megan Baldwin, the CEO of Opthea.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
34.5¢
Change
0.005(1.47%)
Mkt cap ! $376.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
34.0¢ 35.0¢ 33.5¢ $986.8K 2.875M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 55705 34.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
35.0¢ 29727 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.