BLR 0.00% 0.2¢ black range minerals limited

asx360Awaiting decision February 2011 aproval to mine Jonesville...

1. buc
    7,960 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    asx360

Awaiting decision February 2011 aproval to mine Jonesville Coal

Jonesville Mine (Black Range Minerals)
    An in depth look at the Jonesville Mine owned by Black Rance Minerals.

Who Will Bear the True Cost of this Project?

Hoping to dust off the old coal shafts at Jonesville Coal Mine, Australia based Black Range Minerals is
    set to secure 100% interest in the advanced coal mine. Purchased for a little over $3.5 million in cash and scrip, the Jonesville Coal Mine is considered to be a low risk projectin close proximity to thermal dependent countries including South Korea, Japan, Taiwan and China according to Black Range Minerals January 2009 press release.

The project comprises two leases covering 1,450 acres with coal measures found from surface through to around 800 meters depth. Twelve coal seams of thickness greater than one meter have been located at the Jonesville Coal Project mostly consisting of highly volatile B bituminous rank coal. Jonesville Coal Mine, located in Sutton, Matanuska Borough, was an historic mine operating between 1920 and 1968. Producing 5.5 million tons during those years, Black Range Minerals speculates an inferred resource base of 130.7 million tons of coal (primarily south of the existing mine). Minor exploration occurred around the old mine site between 1990 and 1997, and in 2004, with no further mining undertaken. What came out of those years was the discovery of high quality coal resources south of the old mine site.

Black Range Minerals highlighted the access to great infrastructure: the Glenn Highway is only a little over a mile away, and the railroads are only 12.5 miles away with easy access to the port of Seward approximately 186 miles to the South, and Port Mackenzie 62 miles to the southwest and from there to the global market. Black Range Minerals sees this as an Opportunistic, very low cost acquisition in which the current lease owners will get 2 percent royalty and the state of Alaska will receive 5 percent royalty on all production from the project. But, who is going to bear the true costs of this acquisition?

ACTION ALERT:
    In response to public concerns the comment period for this permit renewal has been extended until 5:00 PM Tuesday, October 19th. Take a few minutes to send your comments today.

Chuck White

Alaska Department of Natural Resources

Division of Mining, Land and Water

550 W. 7th Ave., Suite 920

Anchorage, AK 99501-3577,

fax to (907) 269-8930, or by e-mail to [email protected].

To view the public notice about the comment period, please click here.

Document ActionsEmail this page Print this

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.