"There is evidence aplenty. Clearly it is you, Enn and Kippa who...

1. Enn
    1,463 Posts.
    "There is evidence aplenty. Clearly it is you, Enn and Kippa who are faith based, denying evidence."

Just hold it right there, Hanrahan. I have no faith or belief in AGW. I am agnostic about global warming because I don't have the training to properly form an opinion about who is right, and I have no political affiliation to any side with whatever they are claiming.

You have completely missed the point of my earlier post. This was that BOM and other commentators were repeatedly saying how difficult it was to accurately predict what category this cyclone was. Over the preceding days I heard the reported Category change at least ten times.
    The comment was made that the only thing that is predictable about cyclones is their unpredictability.

Further, its speed and course also apparently changed frequently.

How do you think you'd go in accurately determining exactly where it would cross the coast and at what force with a phenomenon that kept changing?
    Question to you hanrahan: would you prefer that BOM had said "we can't accurately predict the force or passage of this cyclone but it will probably be just about a Cat 2 when it crosses the coast somewhere, so don't worry about too many preparations"?

Then if it suddenly gathered force, changed direction and did actually come in as Cat 5 over highly populated area, how do you think that would go down?

What are you actually trying to say in this thread? That the whole thing has been some sort of manufactured effort to support the notion of AGW, rather than simply the unpredictability of a weather event?

I've seen nowhere in this whole thread any shred of concern for the many people affected, those who have lost their homes, and/or who will be without electricity for many days. Or appreciation of the good organisation of government and voluntary agencies who are so ready to assist.

You'd rather have your petty squabbles about the exact degree BOM was right or wrong. I absolutely don't understand this.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.