BRB 0.00% 47.5¢ breaker resources nl

As a Resource Geologist myself working for a mining company, I...

1. 1,130 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    As a Resource Geologist myself working for a mining company, I am quite tempted to invest with BRB. I have looked over their ann's and presos's and BRB's achievements to date are impressive, maybe not to everyone's preferred timetable, but impressive nonetheless.

There's a lot of mis-conceptions and just plain rubbish being spruiked by the peanut gallery on this thread. I'll put it this way, the more accountants and lawyers with zero comprehension of geological risk you have trying to play CEO of a mining company, the more chance you have of creating a gigantic cluster f$$k. With a Geologist at the healm, there is less chance of going into production too soon, with too little info just to meet market expectations.

DCN tried this (even though their former MD was an ex-Geo), told everyone how big and amazing the underground Resource was, established a brand new underground mine to access it and guess what?.. they never even had a underground mine to begin with. The reason? Not enough drilling resulting in very poor geological understanding, and therefore Reserves that didn't even exist.

Be patient and drill as much as you can, understand the orebody, understand the geological controls and where the grade is.. and most importantly where it isn't. Expand and grow the Resource, so you can replace what you mine when you do eventually go into production. BRB is doing all this. If it takes an extra 1-2 years to get to production, then so what? You have not lost your entire investment. If they grow the Resource to 1.5M oz or more then get taken over, the s/p will be multiples of what it is now. At this stage we do not know what the long-term vision is.

But in this case, if you're concerned the CEO is lying to the market or trying to deceive shareholders then mining stocks are not for you, and you should pick another sector to invest in.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.