BRB 0.00% 47.5¢ breaker resources nl

Is BRB a good investment?, page-31

1. 560 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1407
    G'day again jman0076 the structure is different at Bombora to Wallaby in that we have a massive adjacent fault system.

First though one syenite for you: "The Jupiter gold deposit in the northeastern Eastern Goldfields Province of the Yilgarn Craton of Western Australia is hosted in greenschist facies metamorphosed tholeiitic basalt, quartz–alkali-feldspar syenite, and quartz–feldspar porphyry." To get the geology nomenclature right on Wallaby I will cut and paste but this is what is relevant IMO. The structure at Wallaby is just so interesting:

"No large-scale shear-zones nor faults through which such large fluid-volumes could pass have been identified within the immediate ore environment (ed: to Wallaby), so fluid influx most probably occurred largely in a unit-confined, brittle-ductile fracture system. This was the similar to500-m diameter AMEC alteration pipe, which was a brittle, iron-enriched zone in an otherwise massive conglomerate. During compressional deformation, the competency contrast between unaltered and AMEC-altered conglomerate created a zone of increased fracture permeability, and geochemically favorable conditions (high Fe/Fe + Mg ratio), for gold mineralisation from a distal source."

We have a direct source of fluids = Claypan shear = deep crustal fault (identified by geochemical signatures) along the length of Carbineer combined with complexity and strong alteration which implies a voluminous fluid flow. A very interesting point you make about the brittle nature of the syenite, I did not know that. The alteration mentioned in the BRB report indicated those fluids settled, (mag low?) and the iron would have been the ideal chemical trap for the gold to drop out. Did we get lucky here? Is Carbineer better than the Bpombora pit area? Only time will tell but we have obvious scale and that strong hit as you said is exceptional.

The similarities to Wallaby are there, but I just had to point that out. Gold mineralisation, associated with dolomite-albite-quartz-pyrite alteration, is hosted in a series of sub-horizontal, structurally controlled zones that are largely confined within the magnetite-rich pipe. Carbineer is not a pipe (? perhaps a porphyry is down there somewhere), however the signature is similar to Wallaby as pointed out in the presentation recently.

I have been up in the Wallaby area but not the KOTH as it is now known (Tarmoola). Shame about the arbitrage capping at present but that will soon pass. At least for now the news today reaffirms the progress and potential as the story keeps getting better. Perdy was a standout poster in the past doing a lot of work and in super early well ahead of me.
    GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.