DML 0.00% 1.9¢ discovery metals limited

In a perfect world, we invest in DML and mining goes smoothly,...

1. 1,097 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    In a perfect world, we invest in DML and mining goes smoothly, the price of copper goes up, a healthy profit is made and everyone lives happily ever after....

In the real world, DML are battling it out in the middle of nowhere trying to establish a first-class mine on an obviously rich deposit and have hit some teething problems which have put a strain on the short-term cash flow.

___

DML have now said that they need an extra 3 months to become cash positive and need to do a CR to get there.

The collapse in the SP has made this CR seem a lot worse than it really is.

I am assuming they need 12.5c per share and the only way they can raise this ,at today's SP, would be to do a 1 for 2 CR - not a good look.

But, just imagine if the SP was still $1.40 and they asked for a 1 for 10 (10%) CR at $1.25 - no-one would bat an eyelid and the net amount collected would be the same!

The way I see things is IF (when?) DML becomes cash positive in June, the SP will bounce back to at least the $1.40 level.

I think a $1 gain for a 12.5c outlay is a pretty good return and so I will participate fully in any CR they might have.

____

I don't think we have heard the last of CF either. China always plans long-term, they know how much copper they are going to need in the next 50 years and DML's reports of copper at depths of 460m+ will secure them supply for many years to come.

They are sitting on a mountain of cash reserves and it would not surprise me if they somehow got control of DML and ramped up production to get it all safely in their warehouses ASAP.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DML (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.