Well, it's an excuse to hide it.From Yahoo news this...

1. 8,980 Posts.
    Well, it's an excuse to hide it.

From Yahoo news this am

Anti-Muslim schoolers welcome Catholics
    September 9, 2008, 6:30 am

Moves to build a Catholic school in Camden, in Sydney's south-west, have been welcomed by the same community group which vocally opposed plans for a Muslim school.

The president of the Camden/Macarthur Residents Group, Emil Sremchevich, told Fairfax the Catholic plan "ticks all the right boxes", even though he was yet to see its development application.

"Catholics are part of our community so we should be supporting it on this basis alone," Mr Sremchevich told Fairfax.

"To become part of the community, you need to live in the community. You can't just turn up."

Mr Sremchevich said he was not being racist.

"Why is it xenophobic just because I want to make a choice. If I want to like some people and not like other people, that's the nature of the beast," he said.

"It's very simple: people like some things but don't like other things ... some of us like Fords, some of us like Holdens."

The Quranic Society has launched an appeal after its plan to develop a 1,200-student Islamic school was rejected by the Camden Council in May on planning grounds.

The council's rejection followed series of protest rallies.

The Wollongong Catholic Education Office now wants to expand an existing 150-student facility at Camden to accommodate up to 1,200 students.

Quranic Society spokesman Issam Obeid said it was a clear case of double standards.

"Everyone can see there is a double standard ... no one knows anything about the Catholic school and they say 'yeah, give it a tick already'."

"I think racism is affecting this."

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.