CCC 0.00% 0.1¢ continental coal limited

is ccc the most overrated stock on hotcopper?, page-2

1. 6,591 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 256
    Awesome1, while I strongly disagree with the title of this thread, I believe you make a few quirky points that should be adressed.

Firstly, let's get this right out of the way first of all. CCC is not overrated let alone 'the most overrated' as you put it. Sure, it has a strong following on HotCopper, but that is for a good reason. Investors with an appetite for a bit of risk like to be part of 'expansive' companies that are really going places. You could argue that there are better plays on the ASX but Contintental Coal is a company with significant fundamental upside, and this offers the potential for mult-bagger gains from current prices. If you can accept that things won't always be smooth sailing, this is definately a stock to have in your portfolio in my opinion, or at the very least on your watchlist.

As I aluded to, you do make some interesting points.

"CCC is full of sheep and is being played accordingly."

I actually agree with you. There are ALOT of weak hands holding this stock. Once the stronger hands churn through these shares, the share price will respond positively. Many of these weak hands are going to find themselves selling at very cheap prices in hindsight by the time Penumbra gets up and running.

"...losing on opportunity cost when there are so many winners out there!"

CCC will be a big winner in the long term if management can do the basics right in the next few months. You can either trade the share market and make small short term gains, or you can invest for the long term and multiply your initial capital many times over.

"At best it seems a 65% win - 35% loss play."

I have no idea how you came to this figure, but for mine we have the resource in the ground, we have the contracts in place and we have the mines in development. Yes, capital management is an issue, but not every company is perfect! Awesome1, I encourage you to look more into the company than what you see at face value. Continental Coal is going to surprise all the doubters out there at the moment, I assure you.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.