CLE 0.00% 0.1¢ cyclone metals limited

Nursery,I agree that people can get a little optimistic on these...

1. 13,097 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 236
    Nursery,

I agree that people can get a little optimistic on these threads however your argument about supply & demand doesn't rule out the possibility of CFE being capped or that's it's possible to achieve sucn an outcome.

The whole rationale behind a big fish capping price would be that due to their access to greater quantities of shares, they can increase the supply to such an extent that it is unable to be mopped-up by even the most bullish of investors. Take, for example, the BOJ y/day forcing the Yen down by selling massive quantities on the currency market. This is just one example.

Another prime example is a mate of mine who is a trader for a major investment bank. He is paid by this very large bank purely to try and keep a certain few stocks within a certain price range throughout the day and often to close it as near as possible to a certain price. So, yes, this does happen, is possible and even though I think there are a lot of wishful thinkers on HC threads who use this theory as a crutch for poor share performance, I would certainly not be willing to stake my house on the assumption that CFE is not being manipulated now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CLE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.