Is China interfering in the coming election?

1. 9,336 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    This is simply my assessment or some may deemed it as my conspiracy theory!

I believe that China is interfering indirectly in the coming election through using the Chinese/Solomon Island pact to undermine the Coalition re-election.

They Chinese must feel that dealing with the ALP would be easier than with the Coalition!

Prime Minister Manasseh Sogavare for some reasons, either with intent or through some form off financial duress decided to sign the pact before the arrival off the US representative, Kurt Campbell.

One must ask why the haste, by acting in a disrespectful manner to a US govt official!

The second question is whether the ALP saw election advantage in sending a lower govt representative to SI and for that reason stayed passive with endorsing Senator Seselja.

Since we are in a Caretaker phase the Senator couldn’t be sent as a representative without the ALP approval……they had the opportunity to argue about the level off govt representation but chosen to be quite.

Now the opposition is using the level off representation as an election tool against the level of representation!

It appears that not the Solomon Island PM is to achieve some gains but also the ALP is hoping too get some gains from the China’s pact.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.