I feel sorry for anyone that gets persuaded to invest their hard...

1. 736 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 152
    I feel sorry for anyone that gets persuaded to invest their hard earned money in anything that has had it's day and is being replaced with cheaper and cleaner technology.

Yes, cheap electricity has had it's day in Australia. I invest in AGL and ORG that ruthlessly gouge the Australian consumer with rapidly diminishing capacity and ever increasing electricity prices. Coal is a great growth industry obscured by rancid rhetoric, Australia's second largest merchandise export, BUT you need to target export only operations. The political risk associated with coal for domestic consumption is extreme at present and not likely to dissipate soon.

The only positive is that same money is funding those leaving to invest in the new energy future that is rapidly unfolding. Dumb in, smart out.

WHC is one of my star performers, more than doubled in the last twelve months, pure coal play. Smart in, dumb out I would say Yes, I have made money on the lithium plays as well but I watch them like hawks as they are typically a conga line of bubbles and pops.

The massive government subsidies propping up fossil fuels will not be supported after the next election although the new government will probably support an orderly exit.

You are mistaken; fossil fuels provide royalties, corporate tax dollars and burning them cross subsidizes windmills and solar panels. I know, I have a 4.2KW system on my roof, I get paid more for my electricity than I get charged from the grid (beautiful, beautiful scam) and all these idiotic Labor / Green voters are paying and cheering for it

Don't get caught up in the group forum hype that coal is the future. That really is laughable.

Don't care about hype, care about investing in what people want and need. Ideology is only good for shining a light on sheep, the next step is to figure out what shining widget these idiots need to get the warm and fuzzy feeling in their vacuous lives.

My only interest is to encourage the transition as rapidly as possible because I think it's a much better future. I have no financial interest to cloud my judgement.

Yes, I don't care about poor people either. The elderly freezing in winter and sweltering in summer because they can't afford electricity, manufacturers moving overseas due to increasing cost inputs, it does not matter that our top five merchandise exports are metal ores, coal, oil and gas, food and metal products. This is just irrelevant information in the grand scheme of things, I'm sure we can sink 4 of our top 5 merchandise exports and still be able to import our Japanese cars, our Chinese clothes and American media and software. We are going to live on sunbeams and a cool breeze.
    Last edited by RBradley1980: 07/06/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.