STX 12.0% 28.0¢ strike energy limited

is csg production deeper than 1800m possible?

1. 5,925 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19621
    I am wondering if anyone can help me out on the questions below;

1- It was said on STX's anns. on Dec.18 2013;
    Page2;
    "As gas is already being successfully produced from deeper Cooper Basin coals after fracture stimulation..."
    Page 3;
    "Recent advances in fracture stimulation techniques have led to improved gas flows from coals deeper in the Cooper Basin and have increased our confidence in the productive potential of the extensive, shallower coals we have discovered in PEL 96"

Do they mean that some other explorers produced gas from deeper Cooper Basin coals after fracture stimulation?

If yes, who are they?

2 - Did STX give the depth to formation information for the Le Chiffree-1 (and Klebb-1 wells? I can see the TD for those wells.

According to my calculation; the top of Toolachee formation starts from 1430m, the total thickness of Toolachee Formation, the Roseneath Shale, Epsilon Formation and Murteree Shale is about 100m thick as the Patchwarra starts from ~1520m at the well locations. (I can see all formation depths on the formation depth maps). IMO, these formations should be ignored for any type of unconv. hydrocarbon production as they are very thin.

The top Patchawarra formation starts from ~1520m, and goes down to at least 2000m. (STX says the total thickness of Toolachee, REM and Patchawarra is 1bout 600m, Then it goes down to at least 2030m from 1430m depth)

The Patchawarra formation contains siltstone, shale, sandstone and coal seam formations as interbedded. The thickest net coal seam (should be V50 seam) is at the bottom of Patchawarra. Then the v50 seam should be around 1900m.

3- So, how could it be possible to extract CSG form this depth? That's the main question. Does anyone know if there is a prodcution of CSG in depths higher than 1800m? (1800m is considered as the floor of CSG production around the world btw).

Disclosure; I am not holding any STX atm. (Holding only NSE)

GLTA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
28.0¢
Change
0.030(12.0%)
Mkt cap ! $801.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.5¢ 28.3¢ 24.5¢ $7.221M 26.82M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 293004 27.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
28.0¢ 820079 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.