PRN 1.59% 96.0¢ perenti limited

Good points AlphaThe dividend is not enough to interest me and I...

1. 256 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 62

Good points Alpha

The dividend is not enough to interest me and I would prefer they repay debt or increase cash reserves in lieu of dividend payment.

The fact that the debt is US dollar denominated is an important consideration but I don't see this as big a risk as has been in the past(when AUD was much higher and above average).  I see this debt currency risk as neutral at the moment as the AUD is around it's long term average and the risk of a slowdown in the US economy is growing.  When this happens Fed rate hikes will pause and they will look to restimulate the economy putting no upward pressure on the USD.  I was concerned in 2012/2013 with the debt load but not as much at present given the current and likely environment.

When looking back over the years I am quite impressed how they managed their debt levels/structure and secured financing along the way and this is a sign of good management.  Obviously the management team has changed somewhat so watching closely to how the new team goes with things.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
96.0¢
Change
0.015(1.59%)
Mkt cap ! $914.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
93.5¢ 96.0¢ 93.5¢ $1.501M 1.581M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 25121 95.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
96.0¢ 81680 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.