'' Surely the Poms and others would have sat down with the Jews...

1. 84,977 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    '' Surely the Poms and others would have sat down with the Jews after ww2 and discussed their options for a suitable location?''

kinda -

one has to think about the conditions under which 'discussions' took place -

the western world had a monster guilt going on - it watched as train after train after train left Western Europe full of Jews - those trains went East full and they came back empty ------- and the world didn't really want to look

after Germany was defeated - the world got to see what had happened - mountains of Jewish shoes, Jews who could not even stand and had been starved, gas chambers, horror after horror -

the West - would give Jews pretty much whatever they wanted - they might have murmured, it wasn't like the West was all gung ho about it - more shamed

the British - well, they'd already committed way back before that - but, America by the end of WW2 had enormous clout.

As to how it will get sorted out ---------- well, my guess is that Israel will cease to exist, it will be overrun by Arabs ------- and if the West drops support - that probably won't take long.

In the longer term ------- well, I don't know ------- what do we face as humanity as a whole in the next ?? say 50 years? -------- IMO, one way or another - total social change

a technological era that will change the whole fabric of human existence - and/or yet another massive war - but, this one would be so much bigger than before - and would redraw the global map -

to what? pfffffffffffft, no idea.

All I really know is that if I were a Jew in Israel ----- well, I would think that I'd have the same choice as I had in Germany prior to WW2 and maybe didn't realise it -

I can stay and have horror - or I can leave and go someplace where it's relatively peaceful - at least I'd get to live.

Stay in principle or leave in wisdom

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.