There are similar debates in France atm about the potential...

1. 83,694 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    There are similar debates in France atm about the potential Prime Minister of the hard right, Jordon Bardella. Some journalists are theorising that the far right don't wish to win the coming government election - because the far right has been wildly watering down it's far right ranting and screaming promises, and that's certainly fact.

But, why is the question. Because they are pretty much odds on to be the major party - and Bardella is now saying that unless he wins an absolute majority, he won't be able to goven - that's the stated reason.

But, the theorised reason is that they believe that if they win government, then they won't win the future Presidential elections - rocketing Le Pen in as President - and that is what they really want.

Well, it's a theory, that's all. Personally, I've never seen an election that politicians don't want to win. At least at individual level. I doubt if many can think more than a term ahead.

Yesterday 3 of us had lunch. I was the ozzie ring in, the others were French and very political people.
    The question was asked of our guest - did he think that Bardella didn't want the election? And our guest said, he didn't know, and that he was still struggling with how it was possible that pre WW2 a short man with very dark hair and a black moustache could convince people to vote for him by telling them that the finest race on the planet were tall, blonde and blue eyed and they should bump off everyone else.

pretty good point I thought
    Last edited by pintohoo: 22/06/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.