What about Hunter! Only the best people. "Rep. George Santos hit...

1. 6,168 Posts.
    What about Hunter!
    Only the best people.

"Rep. George Santos hit with scathing ethics report, says he won't seek reelection"

"He has pleaded not guilty to federal charges.

The House Ethics Committee on Thursday issued a scathing report on embattled Rep. George Santos, following its monthslong investigation into the New York Republican's actions that have led to nearly two-dozen pending felony charges and repeated efforts to expel him from Congress.

Santos has pleaded not guilty and defended himself, insisting he will remain in office, but in the immediate wake of the ethics report he said Thursday he will not seek reelection in his swing seat district, which includes parts of Long Island and Queens.

"I will continue on my mission to serve my constituents up until I am allowed. I will however NOT be seeking re-election for a second term in 2024 as my family deserves better than to be under the gun from the press all the time," Santos said in a statement.

The 56-page ethics report, written by an investigative subcommittee, breaks down the 23 federal felony charges against Santos, including conspiracy, wire fraud, false statements, falsification of records, aggravated identity theft and credit card fraud.

The committee said its investigation "revealed a complex web of unlawful activity involving Representative Santos' campaign, personal, and business finances."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/eth...os-report-after-monthslong/story?id=104942472

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.