MSB 4.44% $1.40 mesoblast limited

Is GI bleeding a worthwhile treatment indication?, page-7

1. 6,124 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1063
    According to the Centre for International Blood and Marrow Research, there are approximately 30,000 allogenic BMT's globally. In the US there are about 8,900 BMT's a year, with 25% of all cases from the paediatric population. Of these patients 50% are expected to develop aGVHD.Currently in the US there are no approved treatments for steroid-refractory aGVHD.

Having laid out the basis for my pricing determinants, I would suggest that following a period of marketing to gain insurance approvals for prospective treatments ...Mesoblast has a target market of 8900/4/2=1112.5 (apologies for the half a child) times a treatment price of an $195,000 or $217m per annum.

@otherperspective

Thats pretty accurate.

The company did state in thd FDA meetings announcment that and I quote,

"In North America and EU5 countries, Mesoblast estimates that the addressable market opportunity is in excess of $US700 million per annum"

I take the US$700m as just being the pediatric market for the regions above.

This checks out
    30,000 x 25% children x 50% agvhd =3,750 pediatric cases x $195,000= US$731,250,000

If the adult label extension is given then there is potential to add a few thousand more adult cases potentially doubling the revenue per annum to US$1.5B

Correct me if I'm wrong!!!

[/QUOTE]

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.