In the world where I live that maybe called mistreatment or...

1. 5,237 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 35
    In the world where I live that maybe called mistreatment or exploitation or both.

In the world where I live, "a depression is a severe and prolonged downturn in economic activity. A depression may be defined as an extreme recession that lasts three or more years or which leads to a decline in real gross domestic product (GDP) of at least 10% in a given year. Depression in the Economy: Definition and Example (investopedia.com)"

In the world where I live there are, unfortunately, some people, apparently goldbugs, that say that we would have been in one, if it were not for government spending with fake money.

For those that may want to know, I definitely am not one of them. Had government been financing its autonomous increases in spending with gold or silver or even copper obtained at little cost, through mining operations at newly discovered gold, silver or copper bearing rocks located in the sea floor, then that would not have caused fake government spending. I suppose that neither the workers nor the employers providing goods and services in exchange for fake money have ever complained.

By the way, in Econ 101 one learns that GDP = C+I+G+EX-IM where C stands for private consumption, I for private investment, G for government spending and EX-IM for exports minus imports, and this regardless of how G is financed.

i

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.