is greed really good?, page-2

1. 9,286 Posts.
    I believe it is good when society supports individual initiative.

But I think greed creates the need for philanthropy rather than opportunities.

The GFC saw the greed of the big banks require them to receieve philanthropy from the taxpayer.

The property market is a simple example. Property prices are driven up by investors (via govt taxation concessions). This result in two classes in society. Property owners and tennants. The tennants pay alot of rent but never end up owning anything or being free from that rental burden. All their lives, even as old people, they will pay rent.

However, I do not believe it is a matter of education although that is an influence. The superannuation thing did alot to generate greed via fear & insecurity, with obsessions about "my retirement".

How many investment properties do I need for my retirement? How many poor people do I need to pay enough rent so I can live the lifestyle I want?

It is a rather cynical attitude, which has become so instrinstically Australia.

The Aussie and their rental property, just like the Aussie and their Fosters or VB.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.